Welcome!

This blog is a "cookbook" of my families favorite recipes. They are a culmination of recipes from my mom, family members, friends, cookbooks and other online sources. I don't know where they have all come from but if I do know the source I will let you know. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as we do.

Happy Cooking!!!!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fruity Baked Oatmeal

This is my favorite breakfast food!
This recipe is from Taste of Home.

3 c. quick cooking oats
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. margarine, melted
Fresh or frozen fruit enough to equal 1 1/2 c. (I have used diced apples, frozen strawberries, pineapples, blueberries, craisins, raisins). You can use whatever fruit you like!

In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl combine eggs, milk and margarine; add to dry mixture. Stir in your fruit.
Pour into an 8 inch square pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool, cut into squares, cover and refrigerate.
When ready to eat, put 1 serving in a bowl with a little milk and warm up in microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment