Welcome!

This blog is a "cookbook" of my families favorite recipes. They are a culmination of recipes from my mom, family members, friends, cookbooks and other online sources. I don't know where they have all come from but if I do know the source I will let you know. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as we do.

Happy Cooking!!!!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lickety Split Lasagna Stoup

My mom gave me this recipe years ago when Lexi was first a fan of Rachel Ray. The original title was soup but to get Lexi to eat it we told her it was a Rachel Ray recipe (but it's not) and it was called a stoup (which is a term Rachel uses). She loves it and asks for it many times during the winter.

1 lb. lean ground beef
2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
1 (15 oz. ) can tomato sauce
2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans low sodium beef broth
1 1/2 c. water
1 TBLS. brown sugar
2 c. mini lasagna noodles or any pasta you like
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 c. finely shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef in dutch oven or stockpot; drain. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir in beef broth, water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and add mini lasagna noodles or pasta. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish each bowl with mozzarella cheese. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment