Welcome!

This blog is a "cookbook" of my families favorite recipes. They are a culmination of recipes from my mom, family members, friends, cookbooks and other online sources. I don't know where they have all come from but if I do know the source I will let you know. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as we do.

Happy Cooking!!!!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hot Fudge Cake

This dessert was a big hit with the family!
I found this recipe on Taste of Home's website.


1 3/4 c. packed brown sugar, divided
1 c. all purpose flour
6 TBLS. unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. 2% milk
2 TBLS. butter/margarine, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 c. boiling water

Coat crock pot with non-stick spray. Mix 1 c. brown sugar, flour, 3 TBLS. cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Pour into crock pot.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
In small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high 3 1/2 to 4 hrs or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream!! 6-8 servings

*I made this with semisweet chocolate chips and thought it was too bitter. Next time I will try it with either milk chocolate chips or peanut butter chips*

No comments:

Post a Comment