Welcome!

This blog is a "cookbook" of my families favorite recipes. They are a culmination of recipes from my mom, family members, friends, cookbooks and other online sources. I don't know where they have all come from but if I do know the source I will let you know. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as we do.

Happy Cooking!!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Chicken Penne Cacciatore

This is a great freezer meal!


1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
8 oz. whole mushrooms, cut in half
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/Italian seasonings, undrained
1 c. reduced fat chicken broth
2 c. cooked, cubed chicken breast
2 c. dried penne pasta, cooked & drained


Combine the broth, green pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes in a large skillet and cook over med. heat until pepper is tender & the mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from heat. Stir in the chicken & pasta. Sprinkle w/Parmesan cheese & serve.

6 servings - 320 calories, 3.3 g fat, 26 g protein per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment