Welcome!

This blog is a "cookbook" of my families favorite recipes. They are a culmination of recipes from my mom, family members, friends, cookbooks and other online sources. I don't know where they have all come from but if I do know the source I will let you know. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as we do.

Happy Cooking!!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Creamed Chicken and Vegetables

This is a good freezer meal!

3 c. frozen mixed veggies
8 oz. cooked diced chicken meat
10 oz. can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. canned mushrooms, drained
1/3 c. water or reduced sodium chicken stock
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered over medium heat for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender and mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Serves 4.
1 c. serving = 128 cal and 2 g fat

When I served this I put the chicken mixture into a 9x9 pan, made a package of Stove Top Stuffing put it on top and baked it till the stuffing was golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment