Welcome!

This blog is a "cookbook" of my families favorite recipes. They are a culmination of recipes from my mom, family members, friends, cookbooks and other online sources. I don't know where they have all come from but if I do know the source I will let you know. I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as we do.

Happy Cooking!!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Italian Pork Chops

This was a big hit and super easy to make!

6 Pork Chops
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lg. onion
1/2 # fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used canned)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes w/basil & oregano seasonings
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 lr. green pepper, julienned (I used red & green pepper)

Brown chops in olive oil until browned, remove from pan. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and peppers, saute over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; mix well. Return chops to pan, cover and cook for 30 minutes.

1 chop with 1/2 c. veggies = 237 cal. and 9 g fat

No comments:

Post a Comment